Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween

 

While pregnant with Callen, he was given several nicknames. We started out with Popcorn Shrimp, but he quickly became known as Popcorn or Shrimpers. With the nickname Popcorn, we were drawn to anything popcorn related. We gave thank you gifts for one of our baby showers consisting of popcorn buckets, candy, movie tickets, and of course popcorn! At another shower, the flower vase was a plastic popcorn cup/bucket! 

Doug and I like to be creative with our Halloween costumes, and we prefer to make them instead of buying something off the shelf at the store. As most people do these days, I started searching Pinterest for Halloween costume ideas for newborns. I honestly did not think they would make something small enough for a baby other than a little pumpkin onesie type outfit, so I figured I would have to make something or be creative. After looking at Facebook last night and seeing all the tee tiny baby costumes, I was wrong. Oh well, I am pretty happy with the costume we chose! After a little bit of searching, I

came across a baby dressed as a popcorn bag...PERFECT! I would love to say his costume was my idea, but I owe my creativity to Pinterest and other crafty people in the world. I love to do projects and scrapbook, but my ideas are based off of other people's projects. I just take their ideas and add my own twist to them.

I think his costume turned out pretty darn cute if you ask me. Doug was out of town on business this week, so my sister Kim came and went trick-or-treating with us. We really just walked with our next door neighbors to a few houses and then walked to dinner. But, everyone who saw Callen in his costume loved it. Kids were yelling, 'there's that popcorn baby' or 'look at the popcorn.' It was really cute! 







 Hopefully next year Doug will be in town and we can make a family themed costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment