Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Little Getaway

Doug had to go on his first business trip last week. He was not very excited to have to leave Callen for a full week. He says he missed me, but that is up for debate!! He was able to talk and text with me throughout the week, but there was never a good time for him to FaceTime with Cal. Doug was putting in long hours at the warehouse, and Callen was sleeping any time Doug was available to talk. Needless to say, Doug was ready for Friday afternoon when we picked him up at the airport. Smiles from both my favorite boys!!!

I always hate when Doug travels for business. I really don't like the nighttime, and never sleep very well. I knew I would be fine taking care of Callen on my own during the day, but worried about the nights. I also felt I would want some adult interaction, or the ability to have a few minutes of free time after a full day with Cal. It had been a while since Jan and Ken had seen Callen, so we decided to go to Charleston for a few days. What a great idea! That was what I needed for a week without Doug. 

We had a great time. I was able to go for a few runs...something I haven't been able to do while exercising on my own with Callen. Ken and I fished one morning, and kept 2 red fish and a trout. (Those fish became homemade fish and chips when Doug returned home!) 
Cal even caught his first fish!


I would get up and work on the Sudoku puzzle every morning while Cal and Oupa read the latest news on the computer:

We worked on Cal's Halloween costume. As my Papa always said, 'Every job needs a supervisor.' Callen is taking those words of advice these days:
 
Based on how his Halloween costume turned out, I would say he did a great job supervising!

My favorite part of each day was hanging out on the veranda in the late afternoon/early evening. Doug has a favorite hammock swing he always falls asleep in while in Charleston. Watch out Doug, because Callen has now claimed that spot for himself!

 







We had so much fun, and it helped to make the week without Doug go by much faster. Callen enjoyed being spoiled, and I enjoyed the company. Jan is already asking when Doug's next business trip will be!! 

Speaking of...

Doug has taken a new position at Michelin! He will be working in the Supply Chain side of things rather than the Logistics side. He is very excited and set to begin January 1. I am very excited for him. He was ready for a change, and this seems to be a great fit for him. Congrats!! He will have to travel to France 2x a year. Looks like Callen and me will need to become fluent in French so we can go shopping for super cute French baby clothes!!!






1 comment:

  1. Felicitations!!! To you and Callen for surviving the first week on your own and to Doug on the new job! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete