Sunday, July 9, 2017

Graham Turns One!!!!




Graham seems to always be called 'Big Eyes,' so what better theme for a birthday party for him than big (googly) eyes?! I made big eyes out of plastic plates and paper, and we taped them on the windows and mirror in the kitchen. The giant 'G' on the mantle was covered in googly eyes. We also placed eyes on drink containers, and made Graham's smash cake covered in eyes as well as the cake pops.








I love using pictures from the year to help decorate. This year I turned pictures of Graham into Polaroid pictures through PicMonkey and hung them from the mantle and mirror in the kitchen. Going along with the Polaroid theme, we made a photo booth for everyone to dress up and take pictures with Graham in a homemade Polaroid (aka foam board cut to look like a Polaroid!)


Inder...Please move this thing!

Grandmom...I'm not going to look at the camera. You smile big for me

My daddy is so silly!

What? I have to be in here with Ber and Mar?

Papa...I'm getting good at this. Let me help you hold the frame

Seriously, mom? You are crazy!


Nana and Oupa...I'm not even going to look. I am so embarrassed today!

The smash cake with Graham was fun (def more fun than his brother who just touched his fingers to it a few times). I thought Graham was going to dive into the cake as much as he loves food. Nope! He was a little unsure of it, and didn't care to eat the icing (this is not my child! Publix icing...all day long I will eat that stuff!). He kept putting his finger back in the cake and taking a small bite of the icing, but as you can see from the rest of his body, he put more on him than in his mouth!









Opening presents was pretty much mom opening them. He found the Cozy Coupe and gas tank on the front porch before we started opening gifts, so it was pretty much over at that point. He wanted to play with the car, or walk with his walker.



It was a wonderful day! And even better was that we were able to be together to celebrate Grandmom's 94th birthday!!

 

Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate Graham's special day. He is such a special little boy; and so lucky to have such wonderful family in his life. We are thankful everyday for him, and can't wait to see what the future holds for him. He is one loved little guy!


Happy Birthday, Little Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment