Thursday, March 6, 2014

Beach Bums!


I've got my toes in the water and a$$ in the sand (well, maybe toes in the sand for now!)


Last week, Doug traveled to France for business, leaving Callen and me home alone. I really don't mind being alone all day with Cal while Doug is gone, but I am not good at staying by myself at night. Cal goes to bed fairly early, so I am able to have some 'me' time before going to bed where I can read a magazine, watch TV, play on the iPad, or whatever it is I want to do. However, it is falling asleep (and staying asleep) that are difficult for me. By the time I drift off to sleep, Callen is waking up for his feeding. Once I get him settled down and back to sleep, it is 2 hours before I am back to sleep (my mind gets to wandering about EVERYTHING!!!). Next thing I know, it is 7:30-8:00am, and I have slept all of 3-4 hours. My dad and Malinda were heading to the beach for a few days, so I asked invited myself along to help break up the week until Doug returned home. 

On Wednesday, my dad, Callen, and I headed to Garden City for a few days. Malinda was already in Charleston babysitting her grandkids, so she joined us on Thursday. We had no plans other than go for a walk or two, and meet up with my Aunt Angie and Uncle Roger on Friday. Total relaxation (as much as you can have with a 6 month old to care for!!) was the plan!

Thursday was great. My dad and I walked the beach while Malinda watched Callen. Once it got a little warmer, we took Cal onto the beach and let him put his feet in the sand. We took him to Sullivan's Island at Christmas, but it was way too cold and windy to take him out of his bundle. The weather this time was still a bit chilly, but much better than December. Cal loves being outside so much that I know he is going to enjoy being on the beach and playing in the sand during future trips. (This momma is ready for warmer weather so we can get outside and play as much as possible)




After our trip down to the beach, we came back up to the condo to hang out and do pretty much nothing. Callen had lots of snuggle time with Papa and Mimi Malinda. 


He was given his first baby 'laptop' by Mimi M, and as with everything else we have, it had to go through taste inspection. Both Callen's and Malinda's laptops passed with flying colors!!
On Friday, Angie (GiGi) and Roger (Pawpaw Roger) came down from North Myrtle Beach to hang out and go to lunch. Once again, Cal had lots of snuggle time. He wasn't so sure about Pawpaw Roger at first, but was so proud of himself when he finally went to him and played in his lap. After that, Cal wouldn't take his eyes off Roger, and looked for him whenever he was moved from lap to lap.




I came down with a stomach bug on Friday (as well as my dad later Friday). A HUGE thanks to my dad, Angie, but mostly Malinda for taking care of Cal while I was down and out. I could not have done it on my own and was very lucky to have been with them so they could take care of Callen. I told my dad Saturday that we should do this every year. He was in agreement...minus the sick part!!! 

We sure missed Doug while he was in France, but we had lots of FaceTime in the afternoons so Cal could see his daddy, and Doug could see his little buddy. Being at the beach wasn't too bad either!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment