Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sky Top Orchard


This past Sunday, we headed to Sky Top Orchard in Flat Rock, NC, to go apple picking. Doug and I have been apple picking almost every year since we were married. We enjoy getting outdoors and picking our favorite varieties of apples. We usually go twice each season; early to pick Gala and Fuji, and then later to pick Pink Ladies. We have had so many fun times at Sky Top, and wanted to take Callen this year. As you will be able to see from the pictures, he enjoyed the outside air so much that he decided to sleep the entire time! The boy will not sleep in his crib for more than about 30 minutes during the day (he used to go 3 hours!), but can sleep outside all day long if you let him. He loves the continuous sounds and noises that the outside brings. If you know of a way to bottle it up and play it indoors let me know!A noise machine helps some, but the real thing is way better!

Picking his first baby apple
Watch out dad...it's coming towards your head!
Who am I going to have to worry more about getting hurt...Doug or Callen?
Already climbing trees! He had to wake up for climbing.
Those belly rolls make him look like he ate an apple or two!


What a great day. A little warm in the mountains, but still a good time. Now to make applesauce and can it. I am going to give canning a try so I can store homemade applesauce and prep myself for making Callen's baby food in a few months. Wish me luck...or any tips you have since I have never canned before.

No comments:

Post a Comment