Wednesday, June 4, 2014

10 Months




So sorry I never did a post at 9 months. I guess I had other things I wanted to share and never got around to giving a 9 month update. However, from most of the pictures and posts, I think you can tell what all Callen is doing! 

I told Doug the other day...our baby is double digits. I have this thing about 10 months. I feel like when you say they are 9 months old, you still think of a baby. When I hear someone say their child is 10 or 11 months, I think of a little kid starting to walk (if they aren't already), and not this little baby that is totally dependent on you. Cal is still very dependent on Doug and me, but he also has so much more independence with crawling, standing, and even eating to an extent. He is giving up some of his dependence with me by not having to nurse as much during the day. He eats EVERYTHING put in front of him. The only thing I think Callen will turn away is a plain banana. Other than that, he is eating full meals like Doug and me (although Cal's palate is a little more diverse than his daddy's, and he tends to eat from my plate and not Doug's!!!). He is doing so well with his eating, and I am so happy he seems to like such a wide range of foods and textures. I hope this will continue throughout the toddler years when kids become so picky and not eat as much. We are keeping Cal gluten free and dairy free for now. When reading about starting solids, I read some information out of Europe saying that kids should be gluten free until one year of age. Since we are already GF, this worked out well. We will start to incorporate gluten into his diet so he is able to go to a friend's house without worry, and so his system will adjust to eating gluten. This week I introduced whole milk yogurt into Cal's diet. I plan to slowly add dairy back into his diet and then mine to make sure he is ok with dairy.
Controlled and clean eating


Giving pizza a try and wearing most all of it!

Cal gets everywhere by crawling. I thought at first that he wasn't going to crawl much before starting walking only because he was slow to go anywhere, and would only crawl about 5-10 feet before stopping and playing. It is not that way anymore...Cal is off to the races when he starts crawling. He sees what he wants, and there is no stopping him until he gets there. His favorite places to crawl to are the bathroom, the air vent in the kitchen, and the pantry in the kitchen. Never his toys!
Working on our electrical skills

Good storage for daddy's water bottle...added bonus is that it stays cool in the summer!

Future plumber?

Never too young to teach a boy to flush the toilet
Cal is doing very well with standing and is starting to stand without holding on to anything...and then move his arms in the air. I don't think it will be too long before he is walking. 

 taken a few weeks ago, but he was already letting go then!
Holds onto anything to stand and then let go

He is definitely a kid that enjoys life and explores everything around him. It amazes me to watch him watching everything and everybody. His head does not stop turning, and I am not sure he blinks at times. He is so much fun, and so much work at the same time. His big giggles and one tooth filled (he has the top right tooth poking through and the left is almost through...no bottom teeth yet) smile are too much for me...I just break out in big grins when I see him so happy.
His new thing is taking the top tray off his highchair and holding it over his head like he is the strongest kid in America
Do not see me being bad!

How is room constantly looks now...books off the shelf, every toy on the floor
Crawling through the tunnel

He still loves his car
Cal is now showing off his dancing skills! He has just started dancing and moving his arms and legs when he hears music. This is going to be fun...lots of dance parties in the house!
Callen is also doing well with his talking. He says ma-mom (way too much when he is tired!), can sign and say more, signs 'all done', says bye-bye, and last night started saying da-dad to Doug. Hewasn't just putting the sounds together; it was a purposeful call to daddy!!! He babbles all the time. He is going to be just like his daddy when he starts talking full sentences...never a quiet moment!

Cal is doing so well. We couldn't be happier with him. He is so much fun, and such an active little dude. Not a day goes by that we don't just crack up laughing at him. Overall, he is an easy kid. Cries and fusses when he is tired and hungry. The boy has taken some major tumble and spills lately, and hardly makes a peep. I have had to ask about several bruises and scrapes on him because I am not sure which fall caused them! He is one happy little guy ready to explore the world around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment