Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mother's Day Celebration





What a wonderful weekend I had with my boys! Doug and I decided that we would celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday. We knew with church and everything else that needs to get done on Sundays, we would not be able to enjoy Mother's Day as much. 
I woke up Saturday morning not knowing what our plans would be for the day. Doug came to me with a 'menu' for the day's activities. I had many options to pick from on the menu...I could spend time with Doug and Cal, go shopping on my own, hang out all day...my choice! I started with breakfast in bed. I am not one for breakfast in bed, but I must admit it was nice to sit and watch a TV show while eating, and not have to worry about Callen! I spend most of my meals making sure he is getting enough food (in his mouth and not all over the place), not lifting his try off the highchair, and all the other fun meal time activities that go with having a 9 month old.



Such a big help to daddy!

My choice for the day was to go hiking with my boys! I found a spot in North Carolina called Panthertown Valley. Neither of us had heard of the area before so we were up for the adventure. There are lots of waterfalls there and loop trails that will allow you to explore many areas in the region. We didn't realize the weather was going to be so much cooler compared to Greenville...and raining! Luckily I had some baby clothes in the trunk to take to a friend, so we were able to dress Cal in something warmer. However, we raced through some of the trails to get to one of the waterfalls because of the rain. At the waterfall, Cal was already wet and cold, and the water spraying off the waterfall made it even cooler. He was shivering and pretty miserable looking, so we had to cut our afternoon short. We really enjoyed the area and look forward to going back there soon.











Once back in Greenville, we rode our bikes downtown to our favorite spot for happy hour and food. We enjoyed hanging out and talking to new people that sat down by us waiting for tables. Cal was a trooper all day and went with the flow. Once home, we put Cal to bed and Doug and I sat on the front porch and enjoyed a bottle of champagne and relaxed with the nice weather. 

 

I don't think I could have asked for a better day (other than the weather). I loved spending time with my boys, and I was spoiled all day...Doug didn't let me change a diaper...woohoo!!! I got constant smiles and hugs from Cal, and I'm not sure there is much better than that! I hope this becomes an annual Mother's Day tradition. It was nice to have a full day on Saturday, and then spend Sunday visiting and calling all the other mothers in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment