Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Everyday Activities


Callen and I have gotten into a pretty good routine during the week. I think it helps Callen know what to expect, and helps me to pass the day (without being frazzled from beginning to end!). I didn't realize until yesterday how much Cal enjoys the routine. My sister, Brittany, went back to work on Monday. Family and friends are all helping to take care of sweet Ella for a few weeks to help her avoid daycare until about 3 months of age. Cal and I had the privilege of watching Ella yesterday. Cal loved being with his baby cousin...and tried a time or two to show her who's boss...and wanted to touch her and snuggle close as much as possible. What I didn't realize until the end of the day was that we didn't get much one on one time. I wasn't able to take him and swing him in the swing. We were able to go ride in the car, but I had Ella in one arm and couldn't be as fun and wild with Cal as I normally am. He enjoys our routine and the stuff we do. I'm not saying we do the exact same thing everyday, but he is used to certain activities happening around the same times each day. 
Watching over Ella

Giving Ella some love!
Rocking Ella in her carseat

In the morning we get up and eat breakfast. Cal loves to eat anything I am eating. Oatmeal, sausage, yogurt, fruit, bagels...you name it, he will eat it. I made him a smoothie yesterday and today, and he was drinking it up (through a straw!). After breakfast (and cleaning the kitchen Cal somehow managed to destroy in 15 minutes), we head out for a walk or to the gym. Once home from exercising, Cal will often take a nap and I will quickly take a shower before his 30 min nap is over. Pretty soon it is lunch time. Once again, whatever is on my plate goes into his mouth! Notice he eats what I am eating, and not what Doug is eating...we want Callen to have a more adventurous palate. We have lunch and then play for a while. We will head out in the early afternoon for a few errands if needed. Cal may take another short nap in the mid afternoon if he didn't already take one in the car. Throw in some cleaning, baking, or arts and crafts (for mommy), and it is late afternoon already! By 3:30-4:00, we are outside playing in the swing, riding the car, or walking around the neighborhood. Cal loves to be outside, and we spend much of our time hanging outdoors. We get so excited to see Doug driving down the street around 5:30!!
Watching the city vehicles outside the window while eating breakfast

Of course playing with anything that is NOT a toy!

Playtime means getting into mommy's stuff in the bathroom!




I love the park!


I am also trying to take Cal to the pool once a week. One...it wears him OUT!! We don't get out of the YMCA parking lot before he is sound asleep. Two...Doug and I are swimmers. Cal was born in the water. He needs to be a swimmer and love the water like we do! Each time we go, I see his confidence growing larger and larger. He absolutely loves going and watching the people, being thrown in the air, and falling off the side into my arms. 

These pics are from the first time we took Cal swimming...a little easier to snap photos with an extra set of hands!








It's not the most exciting life, but Cal and I have a good time with our little routine. I like to know what to expect each day and I am sure Callen enjoys it too. We definitely enjoy when daddy comes home, and really enjoy the weekends when we can play together as a family!



No comments:

Post a Comment