Wednesday, January 15, 2014



Brrrrr!




Last week's cold spell kept us indoors for most of the week. At one point I heard that the average temperature across the USA was 17 degrees! I know many places were in the negatives. Thankful for us, the worst I saw was 9 degrees one morning when I went to the YMCA to exercise. Callen and I took advantage of the cold weather to stay inside and have a good ol' time together! It was great hanging out in our PJs or comfy clothes all day without anywhere to be or anything specific to do. We spent the days playing with toys on the floor, working on rolling from back to belly (almost there, but can't quite get it on his own), and doing a little reading. We took it easy for sure!
If a toy isn't in the mouth, the hand will find its way there


Catching up on our reading!

Trying to decide which toy to play with! He looks like such a big boy in this picture.


Callen is so much fun these days. His little personality is sooooo cute. He smiles and laughs at most everything. When he goes somewhere new, he stares at everybody and everything in order to take it all in. Once he feels comfortable, he starts talking, laughing, and smiling nonstop. Right now, he is going to everybody I give him to without a fuss. He does look around for me, but so far doesn't get upset that I am leaving him with someone else. We have taken him to the church nursery the last 2 Sundays in order to get used to other people watching him, and to be around other kids. There is only one other baby in the nursery at church, so he has a good time watching the older kids play. I also took him to the Y nursery once last week. I want to take him more often to become familiar and used to 'playing' with other kids. However, they didn't take him out of his carseat. Next time I will carry him in so they have to make him interact with the other kiddos.
Happy Boy! Loves sticking out his tongue while smiling





I could listen to this laugh all day long. It makes me smile so big every time I hear it and see the big grin it brings to his face. We are so blessed with how good of a baby he is. Such a joy to be around! (Thanks to my friend Kim for her help in figuring out how to post videos. I should be able to add videos whenever I want now...and they will play for more than 1-2 seconds! We will really be able to capture his personality for everyone reading this blog.)

Not too much going on here other than enjoying time with our growing boy. We are super thankful for warmer temps and a bright sunshine to warm things even more. We plan to get out and hike this weekend to enjoy the great weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment