Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bringing Home Baby

These last three weeks have been nonstop for us. Family and friends have come by the house pretty much everyday to visit and meet Cal. It is so wonderful to know how many people care about Doug and me, and are excited to meet Callen. A big thank you to all who have brought meals, gifts, and just offered to hold Callen so I can get a few things done. 

Doug and I can't complain...our little man is such a good baby. We are getting anywhere from 3-4 hours of sleep between feedings at night!! He is able to go about 2.5-3 hours during the day between feedings. He sleeps through any noise...Doug even started up the chainsaw the other day without a flinch from Cal! Prior to Callen's arrival, we read The Happiest Baby on the Block. I would highly recommend this book to any soon to be moms. The 5 S's have been a life saver to us when Callen is tired and needing to get to sleep without nursing. Other than fussing for a wet diaper or when he is hungry, Callen is quite content. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful little blessing!

I am adjusting to being home all day. I am one to be on the go nonstop, so sitting at home with a sleeping baby has been an adjustment for me. I love it though!! There are days I just sit and hold Callen all day while he sleeps. I don't think I can get enough hugs and kisses from the little guy. He makes me smile all the time. We are starting to get out and do a little more each day. We go for lots of walks in the neighborhood when it is not blazing hot outside. As Callen gets a little older, we will be able to do more outings. For now, I am keeping him away from crowds of people as much as possible.

Doug went back to work the Tuesday after Callen was born. He misses his 'buddy' everyday, and can't wait to get home to see Callen. Doug is a great dad! He takes Callen in the middle of the night and swaddles him before rocking him back to sleep so I can get rest before the next feeding. They read books together and just have father/son bonding time as much as possible in the evenings. Doug had never changed a diaper before Callen, so I thought I would be changing diapers all the time. When Doug gets home from work, he is always offering to do the dirty work since I have done it all day. Doug is excited to teach Callen anything and everything...and those that know Doug know it is not difficult for him to talk continuously to someone who does not talk back!!!! The two of them together make me a happy girl.
Leaving the hospital. Not real sure what I was doing. Luckily we only had a mile drive home!


Our first bath at home. I think I came out more wet than Cal


He is so alert

And then so sound asleep!


Our first walk in the neighborhood

Thanks for the sign, Oupa! It will look great in my room

It's a BOY! Thanks Papa and Mimi Malinda for the bow
 Callen's nursery...
My favorite! Pictures of Cal swaddled in his crib. He looks so tiny!







No comments:

Post a Comment